Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Blow

Last night Red Blondehead caught Man Man with Asobi Seksu and The Blow. While we have posted Man Man and Asobi Seksu songs before, we had never heard of The Blow. So when Khaela Maricich (one half of The Blow) began her spastic but endearing dance routines while singing over electro-dancepop, we were surprised, amused, and then entranced. I wish I could find a good video of her, but everything I found at YouTube was either poor quality or one of her more lowkey songs with less dancing. So take a listen to these songs and picture a girl doing the interpretative type of dancing that you do when you are in your room alone and you've got a fun song cranked up. I say "you" because when I'm dancing alone in my room, I'm doing elaborate professional-level choreography.

The Blow - Parentheses
The Blow - True Affection

The Blow's new album Paper Television will be released next week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you guys, i follow red blondehead religiously. you ladies, are all kinds of rad.
-dnl

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came across your blog while looking for good new music. Very creepy.. not only am I a fellow redhead but your list of bands are some o my faves. Keep up the snazzy blogging.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home