Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Eleni Mandell



I saw Eleni Mandell open for Great Lake Swimmers last week and judging by the comments heard after her set, I think everyone left a little smitten with her. She's a sultry torch singer with a catalog that alternates between alt-country, jazz, and rock. It's no wonder that Harp magazine named her one of their "Hot Summer Sirens."

Eleni Mandell - Girls (from Miracle of Five)
Eleni Mandell - Easy on Your Way Out (from Afternoon)
Eleni Mandell - Fall Away (from Afternoon)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well living down here in New Zealand I have never had the pleasure of seeing Eleni Mandell perform live. But I agree with your comment she is a sultry torch singer !!! The highest compliment I can pay Eleni is that when I listened to her singing "Moonglow-Lamp Low" from Miracle of Five I could also hear Billie Holiday singing it ! That's how good a song I think it is !!!!! Eleni is wonderful !!!

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well living down here in New Zealand I have never seen Eleni Mandell perform live. She is a sultry torch singer and much more. Listening to her singing her song Moonglow Lamp low from Miracle of Five I could also hear Billie Holiday having a go at it as well ! That's how good a song it is ! Eleni is simply wonderful !

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home