Thursday, June 14, 2007

BRMC pt. 2

I wish I could be as glowing as Traci in my commentary, but the truth is that I'm an ornery, balding, sharp-tongued elderly man in the body of a 27-year-old, blonde-haired, blue-eyed gal. When we made our way to the front of the venue and the band began playing, I had to immediately head toward the back of the venue where the other tall folks were standing. I was so close to the speaker that it started blowing my hair around like a fan when the band started. I guess that, along with the ensuing ear-ringing and buzzing, is very rock and roll. It looks like I'm NOT very rock and roll though, because I couldn't stand the kitchen heat for longer than about three minutes! (It should also be noted that I was wearing earplugs.)

When I retreated to the back, I could hear very little because of the aforementioned "basstrap." Zydeco has a very low ceiling and poor acoustics, so most people who go there come out complaining about the sound.

None of this, of course, is a reflection on Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. They're terrific musicians, and it's obvious from the enthusiastic crowd response that they know how to put on a kick-ass rock show. Maybe next time they play the 'ham we'll actually be able to hear beyond the throbbing bass and otherwise poor sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home