Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The good shows die young.

Today is a day of mourning around Red Blondehead headquarters because the last episodes of Veronica Mars will be airing tonight barring a miraculous last-minute reprieve by the lame-brained CW executives (yeah, I'm not holding my breath). I could write a book about the mishandling of this show by The CW (as others have)...but this is a network that renewed the steaming dungheap that is The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll so obviously their focus isn't quality television. Why do I always end up loving the smart, witty shows that forever teeter on the brink of cancellation?

To say goodbye, I've gathered a few song choices featured on or inspired by the show to serve as a musical tribute.

Dandy Warhols - We Used to Be Friends
Elvis Costello - Veronica (Spoon's Britt Daniel covered this song during his cameo in "Rashard And Wallace Go To White Castle")
Spoon - I Turn My Camera On (from "Cheatty Cheatty Bang Bang")
Ivy - Edge of the Ocean (from "One Angry Veronica")
Mike Doughty - I Hear the Bells (from "Look Who's Stalking")
Yo La Tengo - Watch Out For Me Ronnie (or Yo Yo Taco as Wallace mistakenly called them on the show)
Doves - Last Broadcast
The Postmarks - Goodbye

Tuesday nights won't be the same.

p.s. Leah has been in Europe since last week and is unable to blog but check in later this week for some special guests.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I'm gonna miss this show sooooo much. I was actually thinking of writing a sort of song-by-song farewell, myself.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

David..
Me toooooooo!
great show.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I just finished watching season tw on DVD, which makes me sad about cancellation all over again.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home