Friday, May 04, 2007

Mother, May I post some upcoming May releases?

You know...I think Mother, May I Sleep With Danger? wins the prize for BEST TV MOVIE TITLE EVER(!). If anyone can think of a better one or if you just want to share a funny tv movie title, please post it in the comments. It's sad that Lifetime seems to have lost the creative spark they once had for naming movies. Over the years they've progressed from the brilliance of "Mother, May I" to the dully-named "A Life Interrupted."

wheeee....

May 8

The Clientele | God Save The Clientele
The Clientele - Bookshop Casanova
The Clientele - Here Comes the Phantom

Travis | The Boy With No Name
Travis - Closer
Travis - My Eyes
Travis - Battleships

May 15

Wilco | Sky Blue Sky
Wilco - You Are My Face
Wilco - Hate It Here

Au Revoir Simone | The Bird Of Music
Au Revoir Simone - A Violent Yet Flammable World
Au Revoir Simone - I Couldn't Sleep

May 22

Bjork | Volta
Bjork - Innocence
Bjork - Declare Independence

The National | Boxer
The National - Slow Show
The National - Fake Empire

Stars | Do You Trust Your Friends?
While the wait continues for a new Stars album, we'll have to content ourselves with this track by track reimagining of Set Yourself on Fire. Do You Trust Your Friends? is full of remixes and new interpretations of the songs from the 2005 release.
Stars - One More Night (Apostle of Hustle remix)
Stars - Ageless Beauty (Most Serene Republic remix)
Stars - Reunion (Jason Collett remix)

Handsome Furs | Plague Park
Handsome Furs - What We Had
Handsome Furs - Dead + Rural

The release date for the new Interpol isn't in May, but what the heck. This was recorded from a radio broadcast but the quality's not bad.

July 10

Interpol | Our Love to Admire
Interpol - The Heinrich Maneuver

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right...I still laugh every time I hear that movie title. And, wasn't it Tori Spelling who starred and was "asking" that question? Too funny.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is more of an interesting story, than a funny movie title. It was quite a few years ago, but I was watching TV (ABC). They aired a commercial for a TV movie called "Terror in the Shadows", but since i wasn't paying attention I understood it as "Terror in the Shower" since when i gave a glance to the TV they showed an actress in the shower.
I think it would make for a much more interesting movie

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite is probably Tall, Dark, and Deadly, because it's so to-the-point-menacing.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She Woke Up Pregnant!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I am loving "Boxer" from The National. Thanks for introducing me to their music!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I am loving "Boxer" from The National. Thanks for introducing me to their music!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was always partial to "Death Car on the Freeway" and use that phrase all the time (I live in Boston where EVERY vehicle is a potential death car).

It's not a TV movie, but I've always loved the title of that Johnny Cash movie, "Door to Door Maniac".

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home