Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fearless Freaks

I got excited today when I was thinking about coming home and posting Flaming Lips goodness from their upcoming release At War with the Mystics for our three lovely, regular readers. When I realized, however, that the Lips are on a major label, I sank into a deep state of depression, cried for an hour straight, took an unnecessarily long nap, ate an entire box of chocolate, and resigned myself to the fact that I just can't do it. We here at Red Blondehead like to scoff at The Man, but when it comes down to it, we don't have to walk on the sidewalk. The street and puddles, you say, Mr. Man? As you wish, you can have the sidewalk all to yourself.

The single and first track of the record "Yeah Yeah Yeah," however, has already been released to radio. In fact, you may have heard it. If you like good music and are somewhat snobbish, you might also be perturbed by the fact that it is being played between Gwen Stefani's latest P-Diddyish rip off and STAIND's latest "look what mommy done to me" tortured, corporate rock song.

I digress. If you haven't heard "Yeah Yeah Yeah," you can listen to that here.

After having listened to the whole record, I have to say I'm underwhelmed. I think it's not as interesting as Yoshimi and, well, to be honest, some of the songs just get on my damn nerves. I hope you feel differently, if for no other reason that Wayne Coyne is the sexiest man alive and he lives in his childhood 'hood still, despite acheiving notable success.

As an extra, I had to include two tracks you may or may not have heard from the 2004 soundtrack to Spongebob Squarepants. One is the very fun, trippy Lips' song:
The Flaming Lips - SpongeBob & Patrick Confront the Pyschic Wall of Energy,
and the other is a Wilco cover,
The Flaming Lips - Just a Kid.
The Wilco song is kindof a B-sides typical rocker, but I think "...Psychic Wall..." is a classically playful Lips song. This soundtrack is available on Sire Records, a lovely indie. Enjoy.


Wayne Coyne. Enjoy. Yum.

2 Comments:

Blogger shawn avery said...

that comment about STAIND is the funniest shit.

i friggin' hate them so much.

i wish they would like, die n' shit.

and yes... wayne is SOOOO hot, that he crosses the sexual orientation barrier.

fo' realz.

but i'd still do gwen stefani with all the lights on.

s.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

kido! thanks for the post. glad to know we have a reader--and that you're a male digging the Wayne!!! ;)

-leah

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home