Friday, February 24, 2006

More Neko Case Day!

Man, Leah beat me to it! She's a quick and crafty one, that Leah. Not a procrastinator like me. :)

I'm not sure about the whole Gary Oldman thing...I personally like to pretend that I am Neko Case, not that I'm, um, Oldmaning her. I always feel a strange comraderie with redheaded musicians/actresses. Like I admire them but at the same time I wonder, "Could that have been me if I was a better singer or if I had ever learned how to play the guitar or if my mom had put me in that commercial when I was 3 or 4 like she wanted instead of listening to me whine that I didn't want to do the commercial because I mistakenly thought it would require moving away from my friends just to film it?" But anyways...whenever I hear a Neko song, I can't help but vainly try to belt it out the way she does with her powerful voice, even if I don't know all the words and I'm just singing phrases here and there. So if you see me out driving while caterwauling in a particularly spirited fashion, Neko's probably blaring out my car's speakers.

A couple more Neko songs in honor of Neko Case Day!

Neko Case - Star Witness
Neko Case - Margaret Vs. Pauline
This title makes it sound like the song is about a senior citizen catfight. Now there's a song that needs to be written! Can't you see it? Scrappy little Pauline ripping off Margaret's wig because Margaret invited widower Gene to the Senior Social and she KNEW that Pauline had a crush on him! Somebody needs to get to writing this musical gem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home