Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ambulance LTD - New English EP

Ambulance LTD releases their New English EP today. It features seven songs in all -two new tracks, a cover of Pink Floyd's "Fearless," demos, and a couple of rarities. Truth be told, I've never given Pink Floyd much of a shot as this guy I met at a party a few weeks ago found out when he was yammering on and on about them and I had no reply. That guy was kinda a tool and it seems like whenever I meet guys who won't shut up about Pink Floyd, they have a tendency towards toolishness. (No offense to any Floyd fans reading this, I know you are not a tool!) But anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing Ambulance's take on Pink Floyd.

Track listing
1. New English (new song)
2. Arbuckle (new song)
3. Fearless (Pink Floyd cover)
4. Heavy Lifting (original 8 track acoustic demo)
5. Sugar Pill (original demo)
6. Country Gentleman (from the Startime International compilation)
7. Straight A's (hidden UK Lp track)

I think that Ambulance played "Country Gentleman" when I saw them in London last year at the Electric Ballroom. I really love "New English"...it's a toe-tapping, bluesy number.

Ambulance LTD - New English

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

i like this song. i also have a crush on fishy lips Benjy. what a hottie...

"listen, man, if you're going on about pink floyd and she's not interjecting with comments like "ooh, I love Floyd; Dark Side of the Moon is my favorite!, move on. Just move on!

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fish lips! high five.

i was there with you lovelies. yes, yes i was.

b.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home