Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Loney, Dear tonight!

I decided to skip seeing Loney, Dear at SXSW in favor of some bands that don't often tour these parts since Loney, Dear would be playing at Bottletree within a couple of weeks of the conference. That time has arrived and the band will take the stage along with Battles tonight.

Loney, Dear is the indie-pop project of another talented Swede, Emil Svanängen. Subpop released Loney, Noir last month and it was met with an enthusiastic response, especially among the blogger community.

"I Am John" has a pretty high play count on my computer...I love how it builds with the instrumental bell part and then just lets loose with the multilayered voices. It hasn't been very long since I posted it for the first time but I'm posting it again because not all of you listened to it before. Big Brother is watching.

Loney, Dear - I Am John
Loney, Dear - Sinister in a State of Hope
Loney, Dear - Saturday Waits

Hope to see you tonight at 9 pm!

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

"I Am John" is ace. Played the hell out of it myself, but I got tired of the entire album kinda quick. Anyways, have fun at that show! Been hearing a lot about Battles too, but only heard a few tracks so far.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Battles was awesome! What a great show!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home