Friday, February 02, 2007

We Heart Bears

It's no secret that we love bears. Leah is obsessed with polar bears (I may have found some of her secret polar bear poetry on her computer hidden in a Word file named veryboringjamesjoycethesis.doc...Leah, you can't fool me with the misleading name!), I've had a lifelong affinity for panda and koala bears, and our mascot is a fierce yet lovable grizzly bear. So when I realized I had been unknowingly listening to mostly bear-named bands all day on the Friday before a Super Bowl featuring the Bears, a themed post seemed like a good idea. I don't follow football. I knew the Bears were playing in the Super Bowl because I heard it on the news but otherwise I know very little about the team. However, my subconscious picked them as its favorite and therefore chose an appropriate soundtrack for the day.

From the upcoming Person Pitch...
Panda Bear - Bros
Panda Bear - Comfy in Nautica
Panda Bear - Ponytail
Preorder it at Insound.

From The Soft Machine...
Teddybears - Cobrastyle
Teddybears - Punkrocker (feat. Iggy Pop)

From Yellow House...
Grizzly Bear - Knife
Grizzly Bear - Marla

From Interpretaciones Del Oso and Menos El Oso respectively...
Minus the Bear - Drilling (P.O.S. Redo)
Minus the Bear - Hooray

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps maybe you would also like the bear quartet? "im still her" is as pretty as anything.

8:01 PM  
Blogger The Stayer said...

Good Stuff. I think Teddybears will try to break the big time.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I know is that this bear can't wait until the new Panda Bear is released. Thanks for the preview.

4:49 PM  
Blogger EL FAMOUS said...

I'm really digging that Panda Bear album...weird and lo-fi. However, I believe your backing of our team may have thrown our karma out of whack and you owe me a Super Bowl ring...or a shot of each of you dressed as one of the Honey Bears. Thanks.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget Bear in Heaven

very good and subtle

http://www.easterndevelopments.com/edm010.shtml

9:21 AM  
Blogger music is art said...

haha gotta love da bears :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Steve Dillon said...

I just found your site, BRAVO. Having just moved to Alabama this is giving me hope that I can still find great new music. Thank You both.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Fern said...

don't forget about Bears!!! I like "You Can Tell"

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home