Thursday, January 11, 2007

Favoritest records of 2006, part deux!

My Favorite Albums of 2006 list has been delayed slightly by a little New Year's Illness, but I haven't forgotten about it! (Not that anyone has been waiting with bated breath.) The cold that had been clinging to Leah tighter than a baby koala but with none of the cuteness finally relinquished its grip and latched onto me with its germ-infested claws. Thankfully, I've finally shed my temporary title of "Mouthbreather" to re-enter the world of people who can breathe through their noses and thus appear to be at least 100 IQ points more intelligent.

So here's the list of the albums or EP's I enjoyed the most in 2006...the order gets a little fuzzy for me once I get past number 6, most albums could easily switch places depending on the day and my mood.

1. Peter Bjorn & John - Writer's Block
Peter Bjorn & John - Young Folks

2. TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me

3. Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
Belle & Sebastian - White Collar Boy

4. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Neko Case - Star Witness

5. Irving - Death In The Garden, Blood On The Flowers
Irving - Jen Nothing Matters To Me

6. The Little Ones - Sing Song EP
The Little Ones - Lovers Who Uncover
This would have been higher on my list, if not for the fact that it is an EP.

7. The Black Keys - Magic Potion
The Black Keys - Your Touch

8. Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
Yo La Tengo - Mr. Tough

9. Beirut - Gulag Orkestar
Beirut - Postcards From Italy

10. Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther
Midlake - Roscoe

11. Lylas - Lessons for Lovers
Lylas - Summer in a Sweater

12. Beck - The Information

13. Jamie Lidell - Multiply Additions
Jamie Lidell - Multiply

14. Voxtrot - Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives EP
(again, would have been higher if not an EP)
Voxtrot - Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives

15. Margot and the Nuclear So & So's - The Dust of Retreat
Margot and the Nuclear So & So's - Skeleton Key

16. Amy Millan - Honey from the Tombs
Amy Millan - Baby I

17. The Long Winters - Putting the Days to Bed
The Long Winters - Fire Island, AK

18. Band of Horses - Everything All the Time
Band of Horses - Funeral

19. Islands - Return to the Sea
Islands - Jogging Gorgeous Summer

20. Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country
Lloyd, I'm Ready to Be Heartbroken

21. The French Kicks - Two Thousand
The French Kicks - Knee High

22. The Hidden Cameras - Awoo
The Hidden Cameras - Learning the Lie

23. Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere

24. Joseph Arthur - Nuclear Daydream
Joseph Arthur - Enough to Get Away

25. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
The Decemberists - The Perfect Crime

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I suggest Guster's Ganging Up on the Sun?
It'll do you good, I promise ;-)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home