Friday, March 09, 2007

Gearing up for SXSW: Part 5

I'll be spending most of my weekend packing and planning a SXSW schedule that will probably fall apart after being in Austin for a few hours. Before getting my nerd on by creating color-coded cross-referenced band lists in Excel (what? although I'm not very organized in many aspects when it comes to trips I like to have an itinerary so I get my money's worth), here's Field Music, a UK pop band that will be playing the Beauty Bar Patio on Saturday, March 17 at 9 pm and also at several day shows.

I was interested in this "dance craze" Field Music supposedly spawned (according to some British tabloid) and found this from an interview with drummer Peter Brewis:

According to scummy UK tabloid News of the World you started a dance craze?
We had a funny little dance in one of our videos that ripped off Prince in “Raspberry Beret” and transported it to Sunderland. It caught on for about three days when all of me friends were rehearsing it. I don’t know if it was a joke, but the guy who does the music editing basically decided that he was gonna create a dance craze.

So if you are interested in pale Brits dancing, here's the video.



Study up, people! You don't want to be the only one at the Field Music showcase who doesn't have all the moves memorized.

From this year's Tones of Town:
Field Music - In Context
Field Music - Sit Tight

From Write Your Own History:
Field Music - Alternating Current
Field Music - Test Your Reaction

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home