Saturday, March 10, 2007

Gearing up for SXSW Part 6: Tunng, The Besnard Lakes

My two favorite genres of music are folk and electronica. Imagine, then, my delight at discovering UK band Tunng, whose music is a lovely mix of both. It's like Simon and Garfunkel- and Four Tet- flavored ice cream! What a yummy flavor; it's better than Triple Chocolate Orgasm-Fudge Heaven, which is like my favorite! There are a few weird mash-ups (Patsy Cline, wha?), but I like them enough not to care.

Jenny Again
Tale from Black

They'll be playing at SXSW: Catch them Wednesday, March 14 @ La Zona Rosa with Peter Bjorn and John.

Next up is The Besnard Lakes, another Montreal band. They sound like the Beach Boys, like about 50 gazillion other dream-pop bands, but ask me if I care. I like the Beach Boys. They are, of course, associated with other Canadian bands Stars, the Dears, and Wolf Parade and are, appropriately, we feel, signed to the Jagjaguwar label.

Disaster
You Lied to Me

They'll be playing SXSW March 15 at the Jagjaguwar showcase. Maybe we'll see you there!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

That Jenny Again song is so sweet it cracks my little black heart.

T'anks for sharing.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home