Thursday, June 29, 2006

Midlake - Trials of Van Occupanther

Midlake's "Roscoe" is currently my favorite song. Songs that give me this indescribable feeling in my gut don't come around too often. Their haunting vocals laced with longing combined with piano results in a high play count on my itunes. Midlake is another up-and-coming band from Texas...Denton, to be more specific.

I'm looking forward to July 25 when Midlake's second full-length Trials of Van Occupanther is released stateside. It's a concept album following the adventures of a dude named Van Occupanther. The word is that it could end up on many a best of 2006 list...it's beautiful stuff. I just realized I've posted two Bella Union releases in the past week. They must be doing something right over there.

Track listing:
1. Roscoe
2. Bandits
3. Head Home
4. Van Occupanther
5. Young Bride
6. Branches
7. In This Camp
8. We Gathered In Spring
9. It Covers The Hillsides
10. Chasing After Deer
11. You Never Arrived

Preorder Trials at Insound.

Midlake - Roscoe
Midlake - Bandits
Midlake - Head Home
Midlake - Young Bride

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

roscoe is an amazing song. very fleetwood mac-ian. and i mean that in a good way. a really good way.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And my favorite song is Van Occupanther, though I like all these songs very much

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great album. My favorite song is Young Bride.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home