Thursday, April 20, 2006

Return to Cookie Mountain

I remember when I first heard TV on the Radio a couple of years ago. I was listening to KEXP and when I heard "Staring at the Sun," it felt like a revelation. I immediately found the song online, downloaded it, and spent the rest of the day listening to it.

TV on the Radio - Staring at the Sun
You can buy the album Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes here.

Return to Cookie Mountain is the rumored title for TV on the Radio's upcoming sophomore album. And of course it has leaked. This is the internet, after all. But I think people are a little confused about song titles because I have seen other blogs putting up mp3 links for "Playhouses" and "Wolf Like Me" and when you download both of them, they are the same song. After some investigation, I'm fairly confident that I have the mp3's with the correct song titles (unless TVotR changes them before the release).

I was superexcited that TV on the Radio is coming to Birmingham, until I saw the cost of the tickets. It ends up being over $45 with Ticketmaster fees. That's what happens when you open for Nine Inch Nails. Honestly I don't care about seeing NIN, so I'm having a hard time justifying paying that much for an opener. In an act of desperation, I wrote to the band on myspace in hopes that they would take pity upon me. So far there's been no response, so please let me know if you have an extra ticket that you would like to give to me.

Okay, enough with the begging...I know you just want the mp3's.
TV on the Radio - Playhouses
TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
TV on the Radio - I Was a Lover

If you just download one, I recommend "Playhouses."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, i think its the other way around, concerning which one is Wolf Like Me. I saw Musikbyrån (Swedish most popular music show on TV) yesterday when they had an interview with TV on the Radio about the up-coming album Return to Cookie Mountain. However, when they show a clip from the music video to Wolf Like Me it was the sound of the one you call Playhouse. Sure, Musikbyrån could have screwed it up, but that seems unlikely, if you ask me.

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's going on with the group?? Their web site has been "under construction" for several weeks. The original US release date was July 4th!! (It was released in Europe the week before that. )The US release has now been changed at least 3 times.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home