Monday, June 06, 2005

Riding around a deserted downtown while gazing up at the buildings from the passenger seat on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Sitting on a front porch on a warm summer night and enjoying a night sky scattered with stars. Getting dressed for church. The soundtrack...Sufjan Stevens' Illinois. Thanks to Leah for the advanced copy hook-up. I don't think I can say anything that someone hasn't already said. But I will say there are some beautiful songs on this album. I have been trying to pick three to put up here and I have struggled to narrow it down to that few favorites.

I think this is my definite favorite. The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us!

Casimir Pulaski Day
Decatur, or, Round of Applause for Your Step Mother!

Okay, I know I said 3, but I can't resist posting this song and it's short, so it is really like 3 1/2!
Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, IL

Most likely I will only leave these songs up for a week or so. If you like what you hear, buy the album. Available in stores July 5 but you can preorder and get it sooner at Sufjan's website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home