Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I have recently been told that this blog is written in such a way that it does not inspire dialogue. Perhaps a change of format will make it a more interactive experience. So I will pose a few questions to my readers.

1. What is the last album your discovered that you can't stop listening to?
2. Since we are almost halfway through the year, what are your favorite 5 full-length albums of 2005 thus far?
3. What are you listening to right this second or what is the last song you listened to?

My answers:

1. Spoon - Gimme Fiction. I Turn My Camera On
This is an album that I can listen to all the way through without skipping any songs. The sexy bass line of "Was It You?"...the propulsive "They Never Got You"...the Beatlesque "The Beast and Dragon, Adored"...the handclaps of "Sister Jack"...mmmm.

2. I'm going to try to put these in order of preference, but I'll probably change my mind as soon as I post it. Nevertheless...
1. Stars - Set Yourself on Fire Ageless Beauty
2. Architecture in Helsinki - In Case We Die Wishbone, It 5
3. Spoon - Gimme Fiction
4. The Decemberists - Picaresque The Engine Driver
5. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm Banquet, Tulips

Honorable mentions: The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike (honorable mention because it actually came out in 2004), Doves - Some Cities, The Kills - No Wow, Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy, Out Hud - Never Let Us Speak of It Again

3. Devics - In Your Room

3 Comments:

Blogger Jared Ragland said...

1. micah p. hinson and the gospel of progress.
2. micah p. hinson and the gospel of progress. sufjan stevens, illinoise. calla, collisionworks. bright eyes, digital ash. m. ward, transistor radio.
3. the state i am in. belle and sebastian.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

1. I don't know if "discovered" would be the right word because I knew it was coming out, but probably Ryan Adams' Cold Roses.
2. Favorites, I dunno. I particularly like Cold Roses; Beck's Guero; M Ward's Transistor Radio; Andrew Bird's new one is incredible.... Not much else I can't live without right now. Been goin' backwards and not forwards.
3. Archer Prewitt - Way of the Sun

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Kraftwerk - Computer World

2. a. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
b. The Frames - Burn the Maps
c. Stars - Set Yourself on Fire
d. Kasabian - Kasabian
e. Loquat - It's Yours to Keep

3. World Leader Pretend - Bang Theory


blake.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home