Thursday, April 28, 2005

This morning I have fallen in love. There's no use trying to talk me out of it...Architecture in Helsinki has swept me off my feet. People have been trying to set me up with them for a little while, but I never bit until now. What took me so long?! They are a little Postal Service, a little Stars, a touch of Arcade Fire, a bit of Belle & Sebastian and some Go! Team but it comes out sounding original. By now you should know about my deep and abiding love of handclaps...AIH's Fingers Crossed has taken me to Shangri-La levels of handclapping bliss. And there are over 40 instruments including sitars and power tools listed in the album credits. At this point, you probably think I'm full of hyperbole, but you know how new infatuation is. At least listen to these songs, or I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Do the Whirlwind Sitars! Who doesn't love a good sitar song? And that part at the end is reminiscent of Arcade Fire's "Wake Up" with all the "ahhh's."
Souvenirs I think this may be my favorite. Lovely.
It 5 Wait, no this one!
Scissor Paper Rock Okay, I love them all.
Like a Call

(edited because Helkinki and Helsinki are not the same thing...Freudian slip?)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dig it! my fav is souvenirs, esp. when the synth comes in kickin the lead melody... nice. thanks!

blake

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home