Friday, June 10, 2005

Last night was Rilo Kiley, Okkervil River, and The Brunettes. I wasn't expecting much from The Brunettes after hearing the songs on their website, but I enjoyed their live show. Especially their finale...a tribute to Mary Kate and Ashley and involved MK & A masks (from the Full House years not the current "crazy little bag ladies" period)


Who knew ET could provide such fashion inspiration? But ET doesn't approve of the cancer stick, Mary Kate.

But I digress...Okkervil River sounded great and they had good energy. And an accordian, electric mandolin, pedal steel guitar, and horns! Their lead singer could find a second job in the lucrative career of Napoleon Dynamite impersonation.

Seriously, you should check them out. Rock/alt-country/folk, whatever they are, they are good.
Okkervil River - Red
Okkervil River - For Real
Okkervil River - Black
Okkervil River - Westfall

Rilo Kiley was fantastic too. They ate at the Fish Market before the show. I often eat there on Thursday nights, but of course I didn't last night...I could have had fish next to Rilo Kiley.

In other news, Leah and I are starting a folk band. She is playing autoharp and backup vocals, I will be on the clarinet, tambourine, and backup vocals. Expect our first single "Roadies," an epic song of great lyrical poignancy, to drop later this year, as soon as we find a lead singer/guitarist.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bwahahaha!! Mary Kate and Ashley and ET-separated at birth. Thanks for the laugh.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home