Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sweet Swedish Sounds

Those Swedes must raise their children on a diet of cotton candy and sugary pop music. Case in point: Sambassadeur and The Legends. Sambassadeur specializes in "indie guitar pop, gorgeous lazy melodies wrapped around fuzzy guitars and far away tambourines" while The Legends describe their sound as "Garagepop" or "Indie-punk-pop-soul." And now these Labrador labelmates both have new singles. I first discovered Sambassadeur through a track on another blog (I would give them credit, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. I originally thought it was Fluxblog but I have since been corrected.) last year and I was compelled to share a few songs on the pre-Red Blondehead version of this blog. Here is the new song, "Kate," along with four mp3's from previous releases.

Sambassadeur - Kate
Sambassadeur - Between the Lines
Sambassadeur - Whatever Season
Sambassadeur - One Last Remark
Sambassadeur - New Moon


And The Legends new single, "Play It For Today," along with "Call It Ours" from Up Against the Legends.
The Legends - Play It For Today
The Legends - Call It Ours

You can buy music from both bands at Labrador's website.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I like Sufjan, but the guitar solos in that song are AWFUL. Yeesh.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Matthew Perpetua said...

I've never posted Sambassadeur!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home