Saturday, May 06, 2006

Mittens

Hell is a compact ice cube, and if you look more closely you'll see Billy Graham frozen in running stance just inside--it's Saturday and I'm blogging, and moreover, I'm posting pop music. Now you get the whole frozen Billy Graham thing--yeah... Moving on.

A few weeks ago I got a promo from a band in Boston called Mittens (not The Mittens, mind you). It had a funny note attached to it that you can see at the bottom of this post, so I took it out and sat it on the edge of my desk, meaning to "get around to it." I'm slow, but here it is. I've gotten around to listening to it, and I'm glad I didn't stuff it under another stack!

The record, Fools on a Holiday, is a fun, jangly record with a vintage pop feel. If you like catchy rhythms, handclaps, and sickeningly memorable melodies, you'll love it. I'm sure of it.

Mittens - Leeway
Mittens - Ain't No Doubt About It

Enjoy the songs and check these guys out live if you're in Boston. Local press there suggests that they're pretty happenin' live, as well. You can buy Fools on a Holiday at mittensmusic.com or iTunes.



tee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home