Thursday, September 08, 2005

So I've been on vacation in Charleston, but I'm back now and it is time to stop slacking off and get into the groove. Speaking of getting into the groove, the Charleston radio stations sure like some old-school Madonna. I had forgotten how catchy her songs used to be. Another cool thing about Charleston...all the local stores we went in were playing good music. I heard Death Cab, Postal Service, Arcade Fire, and Modest Mouse among others. Even the tacky tourist stores.

Oh yeah...songs. Here's a few.

Biirdie - You've Got Darkness
Yes, that's "Biirdie" with two i's. They wanted to make it easy to Google. Man, that guitar at the end is rocking. This song makes me do the "totally cut loose and throw hair around spastically while jumping up and down" dance (you know what I'm talking about, don't pretend you don't). That's saying something.

Laura Veirs - Magnetized
Laura Veirs - Secret Someones
Laura Veirs has been opening for Sufjan during some shows, but unfortunately she won't be at the Nashville show. Maybe she'll come around again.

New Bloc Party
Bloc Party - Two More Years
The word is that this is the first single for their new album. Not the greatest quality file, but I like the song. I have a higher quality version, but it won't upload to the server for some reason.

This post is dedicated to Leah because she is my friend and she is awesome and she leaves me comments!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

yay, a new post! thanks for dedicating it to me. :)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home