Monday, August 01, 2005

I went to the beach this past weekend with a group of friends. While on the beach blanket, I enjoyed the sun's rays warming my skin, a breeze in my hair, a good book in my hand, and the pop sounds of the Pernice Brothers wafting through the headphones of my iPod. And I didn't even get sunburned. The Pernice Brothers are probably not typical "beach music" in that it is not about pimp cups, hoes, and Escalades but it is phat anyway. Phatter than Fat Joe.

Pernice Brothers - My So-Called Celibate Life
Pernice Brothers - Amazing Glow
Pernice Brothers - One Foot in the Grave
Pernice Brothers - Baby in Two

There's a great article in the latest issue of Paste about Joe Pernice, his history in the Scud Mountain Boys, and the evolution of his sound. Check it out if you get the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home