Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Josh Ritter on Halloween

Kids! It's the day before Halloween!

And where will you be tomorrow night?

Where will Red Blondehead be, you ask?

How awfully kind of you to inquire, dears. This fearsome, firesome duo will be spending the evening at Workplay--in costume, might I add--enjoying performances by Eric Bachmann and current RB favorite Josh Ritter. That's at 8:00 p.m.

Later on that night, Laser's Edge in Homewood, RB's very favorite indie record store, is hosting a supercool Josh Ritter afterparty. Here are the details for that:

What: Post-concert in-store performance/recording and Halloween party
Who: JOSH RITTER and you
Where: Laser's Edge Compact Discs. You know how to get here.
How: Bring your Workplay ticket stub or wrist band or stamped hand to the store, along with some semblance of a Halloween costume for admittance. Those who come dressed without Halloween garb may be forced to wear something of our choosing...cardboard box hats dressed-up with Sharpie art and two holes for eyes are a distinct possibility.
When: Halloween night, around 11:00 pm, immediately following Josh's concert at Workplay
What Else: A GuessTheCharacterFromAPopularSong costume contest, special prizes, refreshments, merry fellowship


Also, many of our costumed peeps will be heading to BottleTree to catch a FREE and freely spectacular show featuring Celebration, Dragons of Zynth, and Lonesome Spirit Device. LOTS to do on Halloween night, kids, so don't stay in and sulk. Put on a goofy-spooky costume and join the thousand eyes of the night!

Now, for a couple of my favorite Josh Ritter songs, just to get you in the mood!

Kathleen from Hello Starling
Come and Find Me from Golden Age of Radio

4 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

woot woot. I can't believe it has been nearly 4 years since I have seen Mr. Bachmann. It should be a blast.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Hewy Nosleep said...

I love the bottletree. Great Blog!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

I'll be attending all events josh ritter this evening. fred called me yesterday and asked me to come down to record the in-store, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

9:10 AM  
Blogger largehearted boy said...

I was on the west coast Halloween week, and the one show I missed most was this one. The photos make me miss it even more.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home