Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bishop Allen...like t-ee in the way!

In honor of cult movie language week at Red Blondehead, I spent hours trying to translate this post into Klingon in an attempt to surpass Leah's impressive nadsat post. But looking up every single word was such a drag. So instead you get a couple of sentences from that madeup language Jodie Foster used when she played a backwoods yokel in Nell.

Trouble go away at nigh', an' Nell caw Mi'i...an' Nell an' Mi'i - ye', Nell an' Mi'i...like t'ee in the way! Chicka, chicka, chickabee. T'ee an me an t'ee an Bishop Allen. Ressa, ressa, ressa me. Chicka, chicka, chickabee.

To get the full effect, picture me saying this while swaying with my arms outstretched and my eyes closed.

Since the beginning of the year, Brooklyn's Bishop Allen have been releasing one EP a month and selling them for 5 bucks on their website.

January - Bishop Allen - Corazon
February - Bishop Allen - The News from Your Bed
March - Bishop Allen - The Monitor
April - Bishop Allen - Flight 180
May - Bishop Allen - Butterfly Nets

My favorites are February, March, and May.

And two from their full-length Charm School:
Bishop Allen - Busted Heart
Bishop Allen - Things Are What You Make of Them

CHICKABEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home