Thursday, January 17, 2008

Roses and Tulips and...Goats

Hello, Blue Roses released The Portrait Is Finished And I Have Failed To Capture Your Beauty... yesterday. Like most Dan Bejar projects (this time with vocalist/flautist Sydney Vermont), it's growing on me. I've listened to "Sunny Skies" several times just trying to think of what other song it reminded me of, until I realized it was "This Woman's Work." Am I the only one that hears it?

Hello Blue Roses - Shadow Falls
Hello Blue Roses - Sunny Skies



Headlights is one of my favorite pop bands, so I'm greatly anticipating the release of their next album, Some Racing, Some Stopping on February 19. Their label has released their first single for our listening pleasure, and here it is in all its sweetly jangly bliss.
Headlights - Cherry Tulips

The Mountain Goats will also be releasing Heretic Pride on Feb. 19.
The Mountain Goats - Sax Rohmer #1

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes! I can't wait for the Headlights album! I still pop their Daytrotter Session songs on for a spin to this day. It's one of my faves

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! I totally dig Headlights! Their Daytrotter Sessions is one of my faves. Gracias.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home