Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Final Fantasy, Live at Bottletree August 24

I almost decided against going to see Final Fantasy, aka Owen Pallett, last week. At the time, I had only listened to a few songs and from what I had heard it wasn't anything I would listen to repeatedly. But seeing him live was, for lack of a better cliche, magical. (Okay, I regret describing it as such almost immediately after I typed it. But I'm too lazy at the moment to think of a better adjective, so just snicker at me and let's all move on.) The crowd of around 130 seemed enraptured, even the drunk frat boy that punctuated his appreciative applause with loud "Whoo's!" Jonathan Purvis recorded the show and he has been kind enough to allow us to post a few songs. (Jonathan is also a talented photographer, he took the photo of Leah and me that we use as our banner.)

Final Fantasy - Hey Dad + The CN Tower Belongs to the Dead - live
Final Fantasy - This is the Dream of Win and Regine - live
Final Fantasy - Peach, Plum, Pear (Joanna Newsom cover) - live
Final Fantasy - This Lamb Sells Condos - live

And a brand new Final Fantasy song, title unknown:
Final Fantasy - New Song
Is he saying "cabbages" or "carriages"?

You can find the rest of the show at Jonathan's website.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, glad you're posting... it should be noted that daniel farris was running sound. i basically piggy backed his work. glad you enjoyed it... the show was amazing. i posted a few pics of owen at my flickr site.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agh i was there! it was a great set. we were wondering the same thing about the cabbages/carriages. thanks for posting this. a lot.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the show as well. Were there really 130 people there? Anyway, i can't tell you how excited i was when i saw the concert had been recorded. I might have been a bit too loud. Is this going to be the norm at bottletree? Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the concert as well. I was thrilled to find a recording of it online. Is this going to be a normal thing with Bottletree shows, or not? Thanks for the heads up on the recording, though.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! The set sounds absolutely scintillating (now that's how to run sound) & great concert as well. Extreme thanks to j purvis for capturing it and Red Blondehead for posting.

Would you mind me sharing this link with a FF forum at http://shzine.proboards10.com?

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Traci & Leah,

Yowza : )
i'm a total FF devotee, and was beside self to find such a scintillating recording of (what's more) a fantastic performance online. Now -that's- how to work the soundboard, friends.
Thanks to mr Purvis for capturing it, and to you for sharing!
Would it be ok if I shared the link to these files on a fan forum?

Christina

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone have the playlist for this show? I love Owen's performance at the Bottletree, but I have a feeling that there are some combined tracks and/or covers that I am not familiar with.

Thank you so much for making this resource available to us all!

Much Love!

E from Victoria, B.C.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home